Sunday, November 1, 2009

My only reply was..."I'm broken..."

I stood there looking down at you as you cried your heart out to me. You gripped at my pants telling me that you loved me, you needed me and how life would never be the same. Your tears soaked the earth as I stood silent. I felt my heart beat as it attempted to show me past memories of our first kiss (oh so soft), our first night together (passionate night of love), our first morning together (the best breakfast in bed), the jokes we shared, the world we created and all the greatest moments we ever shared. Yet here I stood still silent calm almost emotionless as you poured out your heart to me. Asking me, "WHY? WHY LEAVE ME? WHY?" Your emotions reaching out of every pore of your body trying to take hold of me. Let me feel the pain, the misery, the complete and utter sadness within your soul. I look down at you an I walk towards the door. You sit there on your knees barely able to speak as your eyes meet the ground you whisper, "Why?!" I look back at you and my only reply is..."I'm broken..." I am no good at this thing you call love. I know that this is and has been devastating for you. But know my heart does care for you yet this how it must be. I walk out an don't look back, this is how I must live. I am broken and the last pieces of me I want to keep in place. So I leave before the pain, I won't be hurt again....Leaving you to deal with my insecurities alone...here in the house full of our memories as I leave for the last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment