Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Will Enjoy My Simple Life With A Smile

I put the key in the door unlock it and as I walk in my world again emotions overwhelm me. This house we have built with our family in mind. I hang my coat on our coat holder as I remember when we bought it you were 8 months pregnant with our first child, Kiana. I still remember rubbing your belly and singing songs to her as I patiently waited for her arrival. Now she is 3 years old full of life and the joy she will bring the world is nothing I have ever witnessed. As I walk down the hall I hear music playing from the kitchen an old Michael Buble song. I smile because every day you cooked you loved to have music playing for you as you sang and put love into your cooking. Now this has become a sight I try to always be around for. Seeing your smile as you cook lights up my world. The way you sing like a bird is a true delight to my ears, but what I have come to love the most is how you dance and perform a song like you were live in concert for 10,000 fans. These moments are truly classic to me and I would never want to be any where in the world but right here with you. Your hair tied up with your favorite cooking apron on is the perfect portrait of beauty to this simple man. I simply say, "Hello Beautiful!" as we shared a small delicate kiss. I look over to see our growing daughter drawing in her new color book with the biggest smile on her face. I give you a hug and kiss your cheek as you ask, "What's wrong babe?" I smile and simply reply, "Baby I love you and what we have made, what we have, what our future holds together." I sit back as I watch my world march to the beat of its own drum and here I am happy. A loving home filled with a beautiful wife an amazing daughter and a hope for this simple world to grow with out any complications. Though I know there will be many new factors, for now I will enjoy my simple life with a smile.....

No comments:

Post a Comment