Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good Morning Kisses

She woke up to me playing my guitar filling the air with thoughts of love and and past glorious times. She came up behind me wrapped her arms around me and kissed me one of those soft tender good morning kisses. The type of kiss you savior every time you get one. She listened to me play as she hopped over the chair and sat next to me. I sing to her good morning an she tells me of how she woke up and heard me playing and how she smiled to herself. It always surprises me how life gives me the perfect moments to hold on to. So I led her into the kitchen slowly playing her fave song. "Oye mami, ben aqui! come eat a lil breakfast with me. I've cooked for you and may our mornings be spent like this for many more to come!" She smiled and giggled bout how goofy my songs were. She said, "Papi I'd spend these mornings like this only if you make up a new song every morning!" I simply smile lean in and taste those beautiful soft lips again! How I have come to love her good morning kisses. We sit down and eat. I take in every moment that we share and store it into my memory like all the pictures of us up on the walls captured moments of happiness scattered in our new home. As we taste our last bite of food I lean over move her hair out of the way smile and give her one more soft good morning kiss nice and slow. My lips smile a bit within our kiss and I look into her eyes. I decide with out a second guess I will make up a new song every morning and we will spend every morning just like this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment